Word 2010 features a built in screen capture tool. You can quickly and easily add a screenshot to your Office file to enhance the readability or capture information without leaving the program that you are working in. You can use it to take a picture of all or part of the windows open on your computer.
- Open the program, browser session or workspace that you want to take the screenshot from.
- Open the Microsoft Office application that you want to add the screenshot to.
- Place your cursor in the section of the Office document you want the screenshot to be added to
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group (Images Group in PowerPoint), click Screenshot.
- The Available Windows menu appears. To add the whole window, click the thumbnail in the Available Windows gallery.
- To add part of the window, click Screen Clipping.
- The Microsoft program will minimize and the screen will become grey. The mouse pointer will become a cross.
- Press and hold the left mouse button and drag to select the area of your screen that you want to capture.
- Release the mouse button and the image will be automatically inserted into Word.