If you have a VOIP phone, you can set up alternative voicemail greetings to use when your standard greeting is not appropriate. For example, you could set up a greeting for when your phone is busy, a separate greeting for when you’re on vacation and yet another greeting when the university is closed for holidays. Follow the tips below to record alternate greetings.
- Open your internet browser, type www.towson.edu/voicemail in the address bar and press ENTER.
- When the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant screen appears, enter your Username (NetID) and Password on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click Login.
- Click the Messaging Assistant link.
- Click the Greetings menu and then click View Greetings. You may record one of six alternate greetings: Alternate, Busy, Internal, Closed, Standard and Holiday.
- Click directly on the Greeting name you wish to record.
- Under Status, click beside one of the two selections as described below:
- Enabled with no end date and time
- Enabled until – chose a specific end date and end time
- Under Callers Hear, click the down arrow beside Record and choose how you want to record your alternate greeting.
- Use Phone – your phone will ring and you record the greeting through the handset.
- Use Computer – use the audio device on your computer to record.
- Click the red Record button. Begin to either speak into the handset if you have chosen Phone, or speak into your audio device (microphone) if you chose Use Computer.
- After you have finished recording, press the Stop button. If you are using the handset, hang up after pressing the Stop button.
- If you wish to hear your recording, press the Playback button.
- When you have finished your recording, press the Save button at the top or bottom of this screen.
- Repeat these steps for all other alternate greetings you wish to record.
For additional tips and training from the Office of Technology Services, go to http://www.towson.edu/adminfinance/ots/trainingdoc/.