When you run multiple Excel nVision reports (like the DAT, DPR, DEN, or P), you’ve probably noticed the drop-down arrow next to the column heading on the transaction listing reports. This arrow allows you to drill down your list of transactions by selecting only certain values of data, and it also enables you to do a quick sort of all of the data by the values in that column. For example, since nVision brings back the latest list of transactions no matter what as-of date you select for the report, you can use the sorting feature to arrange all transactions by the date or journal date column. From there, you can delete any remaining rows that don’t correspond to the desired as-of date. Step-by-step instructions for using the filter and sort features are listed below.
To filter data:
- Click the drop down arrow next to the column heading by which you wish to narrow your list.
- Uncheck the Select All box.
- Check the boxes next to the values you wish to display on your report. Make sure to uncheck any boxes next to values that you do not want displayed. Click OK. The spreadsheet will now only show rows containing the value/s you selected.
- If you like, you can further refine the data by adding filters to additional columns (for example, if you filter Source = PCD (pcard) and Period = 6 (December), the report will list all Visa procurement card transactions for December).
- To bring back the original set of transactions, simply click the drop down arrow again and check Select all.
To sort data using the filter arrow:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the column heading by which you want to sort your data.
- Select Sort A to Z to have your data sorted in ascending order or select Sort Z to A for descending order.
- Click Ok. Rows of data will now be sorted as selected.
For questions about filtering nVision reports, please contact the PeopleSoft Financials team at 410-704-5599, option 2 or email@example.com.