When you need to get some work done on the weekend but don’t have time to drive to the office, the virtual workspace (VW) can help you access key TU applications from home, a hotel, or any other Web-accessible location. VW allows TU faculty and staff to remotely access several software programs (such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) from virtually any computer with an Internet connection and browser. When using the VW website for the first time, a browser component must be installed. The instructions below will take you through the steps to download this client and then access the VW.
Web Browser Recommendations
- For Windows Users: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- For Mac Users: Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199 or higher.
Downloading the Citrix Client Software and Accessing the VW
To install the browser component, you must first log in to the VW. Please note that these steps were written using the Internet Explorer browser.
- Open your internet browser and type vw.towson.edu in the address bar and press Enter.
- Log in with your NetID (UserName) and Password.
- Click the Log On button.
- The Citrix XenApp screen will appear. Click the Install button.
- Click beside I agree with the Citrix license agreement to accept.
- The File Download – Security Warning dialog box will appear. Click Run.
- The Internet Explorer—Security Warning dialog box will appear. Click Run.
- The Citrix online plug-in installation dialog box will appear as the client is installing.
- After the Client Software has been installed successfully, the Citrix online plug-in
installation dialog box will appear. Click the OK button to proceed to the log on screen where you must type your NetID(Username) and Password and click Log On. *Note: Some browsers may require you to close out of the browser and then re-launch the website.
- Once logged in, the Applications Page will appear allowing you access to Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word the Towson Desktop and more.
Logging Off of VW
- From the Applications Page, click the Log Off button located at the top right of the screen.
- A dialog box will appear confirming you have been logged off.
For more tips and information from OTS, go to the OTS training website at http://www.towson.edu/adminfinance/ots/trainingdoc/.